Thread: Board Measurement inconsistent

Default Board Measurement inconsistent

Need some advice on board measurement the machine measures the board different each time it is off at times as much as 2" short. I have checked head pressure changed tracking roller, checked x axes gears cleaned everything and also changed x motor has anyone had this happen could it be one of the boards? any help would be good. Thanks

How about the tracking sensor damper? That rubber spacer under the tracking sensor which pushes the brass roller hard against the board. (Does the brass roller push down easily or is it stiff like it should be?)

Part 99 Page 6: http://www.carvewright.com/assets/se...ist_manual.pdf
    Last edited by bergerud; 02-13-2017 at 06:10 PM.

It could potentially be impacted by the board if it's not flat along the edge where the brass roller contacts the board. If you're not sure you can try to measure a piece of flat plywood.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

damper is on it and I can put the board and card in my other machine and it measures correctly with in 0.030 to 0.050 every time.

Ok, does it have sandpaper belts? Maybe a rolled over belt. (I am going for the long shots here since you have most things covered.)

no all my machines have rubber belts

Then, are you sure that the tracking roller is not rubbing on the front belt? (It gets closer as the board presses it down.) Maybe try taking off the O ring and measure the board.

I will try that

Check head level too. Observe the rubber belt edge near the brass roller. Look for a bump where the belts join that can be touching the brass roller. Like a Squat Radial Car Tire, bulging due to the board being cranked down causing a bulge letting the bump touch the brass roller.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I will try without o'ring Friday I have checked belt all good.