I finally got the tenons laid out for a mortise and tenon shelf with supports. For the shelf using a 3/4" board I set the cut depth to 3/4" and left tabs on the sides. The first path cut nicely. Then it didn't cut all the way and left just short of 1/8" is some places. Sort of went up and down.
On the support I set the mortise at 5/8" and it sometimes cut all the way through. I needed 4 boards and on all of them it cut on of the mortises twice. I thought maybe I had pasted over the second box and it didn't show, but it is just 1. Just before it starts to cut it tells me to select the 1/8" cutting bit again. I hit enter and it starts carving. Only does this on the boards with the mortise.
For the practice boards I used just plain, cheap pine. Then I used clear white pine to make a sample before I used more expensive wood if that makes any difference. These are very basic layouts, but I seemed to have botched it somehow. Once I used my oscillating saw to finish and clean the cuts the fit is great.
Thanks