Thread: Trying to use conforming vectors again

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Trying to use conforming vectors again

I bought this upgrade when it first came out, tried it a couple of times, getting weird results. Mostly it was carving crazy, not moving like it should, etc. I moved the text out of the pocket with the pattern, just cutting text above and below and it worked fine, every time. Wasted a lot of wood back then, playing with it.

I decided to try it again when a customer asked me to make him a design that needs it. My first run at it, it again went nuts, right at the beginning during the pocket carving with the 1/16 ball nose. The X and Y axis seemed to be moving right, but the Z was bobbing up and down. I am attaching the mpc file and the picture of the board. I aborted the carving.

I have been looking it over and cannot see anything wrong with the design. I am carving a modified one of it now. It cut the pocket and the pattern okay, but then when reinstalling the V bit, it gave the error msg about not finding the correct depth. I reinstalled that, then same thing, so I gambled and told it to continue anyway. Usually that creates a mess with the text, but this time, as it is carving at the moment, it looks okay in the bottom of the pocket. When it is done, or I abort it for some reason, I will include the results. The mpc file is also included now for it.

I will report more in a bit.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8143.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	83059
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Greg Luckett
    Great Lakes Wood Arts Co.
    Saint Joseph, MI