Thread: Failed to demo mode.

Default Failed to demo mode.

I purchased a new laptop in November. I called LHR and asked for and got the old listed laptop deleted. I installed my software, licenses etc and used them on this new laptop for a bit. I went to use Designer today and it says it is in demo mode and expired. The window that pops up gives two choices only. Register, but I have 2 machines already registered already or exit. I went out to the CarveWright site but there is no option to remove a machine to re-register this laptop again. (Yes I searched but couldn't find any help.)

Has anyone fixed this problem without calling LHR? Any idea how to avoid whatever caused it to go into demo mode so I don't have this failure again?

You probably had some sort of auto update installed and it reset the computer ID number that Designer uses when the software was registered. To prevent it doing it automatically set the update option to ask/verify before installing.

I do not believe anyone has done the reset without going through LHR.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Has your computer id changed? Under help - manage licenses, see if the computer id there is the same as on the LHR web site. If it has changed (was there a software update?) I think you will have to call or send an email requesting to have the old id deleted.

Try it now.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thank you Connie for the help. It's registered now.