Thread: Having trouble getting the dimensions correct

Default Having trouble getting the dimensions correct

Attached is a switch/outlet cover I am trying to carve.

The trouble I am having is the carve dimensions are too small on the project I carved.

Rectangle 2 carved at 1.174 X 2.205 and rectangle 3 carved at 2.262 X 3.683.

I sure the answer is simple.

Norm
    Attached Files Attached Files

I would say that the project was scaled at the machine. If you agreed to stay under the rollers and your real board was not 7" longer than the Designer board, it would have been scaled down. Around 0.82 it seems.

I put it in a sled with 7 inches of extra material. I believe i did tell the machine to stay under the rollers.

How long was the sled?

The sled I use has sliding hold downs that add 3.5 inches to each side of the X axis. I cut the part to the exact dimension as the board in the mpc.

I probably should have widened the dimension of the board in the mpc 7 inches to account for my sled.

6. Default

I always put the dimensions of my board not including the sled. I do however also over size my board by at least 1/4 inch on all sides just to be sure it is not measured less by the cw. your problem could be that the width of your board was measured to be different by the CW than what you cut and measured it to, that is why I always over size it slightly. Then when it measures the board it will include the end boards on my sled. My two board ends on my sled are 4 inches so that adds 8 inches. You know something is wrong if the machine asks you if it should resize the project. At that point you should always stop and figure out what the issue is. If you hit yes you will have issues.

Norm,
    Thanks i will add a little to the piece I am cutting.