Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help/advice

Quote Originally Posted by judgejrt View Post
    I carved the project shown in the 1st photo and then after loading the centerline bit got a message "bit depth does not match" (which I often get with 1 of my machines). I selected the alternative "continue (which usually works). However the text was only air carvig and not touching the surfacr in the now carved areas inside the footprint .I am wondering if there is a workaround to save the project such as deleting the patterns and uploading only the text and then reloading the board? Or is there a way to mahe the text carve in the now lowered areas inside the footprint and around the ring by getting the machine to touch down in these lowered ?carved areas for initial bit setup measurement? ANY ADVICE WOILD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED if anyone can understand this less than cogent explanation. Thank you as always
    The machine will ask for all of the bits used in the project in the setup and measuring cycle at the beginning of the carve and then again as each bit is used. The error message "Bit Depth Does Not Match" is usually caused by the bit that hasn't been inserted to the same depth as the first time it was measured. Are you using stop collars to insure the bit is inserted to the same depth each time? It has to be inserted to a depth that is within the acceptable range and to the same depth each time to avoid the error message and air carving. Also, the bit has to touch the bit plate each time so the depths are set correctly.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 01-13-2017 at 10:19 AM.
    Steve

Very sorry for delay in responding (was sent out on capital case again) so not around private computer, but thanks for the suggestions. I am using qc on this machine so no stop collars. I have carefully observed that the bit does touch the plate each time. Also puzzled by inability to get " jog to touch" to work on this particular machine (works on others). Could head pressure or head alignment have anything to do with this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12