Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help/advice

Default Help/advice

I carved the project shown in the 1st photo and then after loading the centerline bit got a message "bit depth does not match" (which I often get with 1 of my machines). I selected the alternative "continue (which usually works). However the text was only air carvig and not touching the surfacr in the now carved areas inside the footprint .I am wondering if there is a workaround to save the project such as deleting the patterns and uploading only the text and then reloading the board? Or is there a way to mahe the text carve in the now lowered areas inside the footprint and around the ring by getting the machine to touch down in these lowered ?carved areas for initial bit setup measurement? ANY ADVICE WOILD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED if anyone can understand this less than cogent explanation. Thank you as always
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3442.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

original project with text
    Attached Files Attached Files

The centerline text you have is at two different levels. Therefore, it would take two runs to do the text. Since the text is not very deep, you should be able to use jog to touch to set the depth in each case. (The machine can handle touching about 1/4" deeper than the normal board surface before giving an error.)

Thank you bergerud . I think I understand part of this.I should make 2 seperate projects (1 for each area of text)? LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON "JOG TO TOUCH" now.

OK I know I'm probably not doing somethig right, but machine is doing strange things. After i jogged to touch on area of ring surface, (after finding surface then jogging) machine keeps returning "load 90bit" prompt and going through homing over and over. at 1 point got "fatal error" reboot which I did and aftwer jogging to touch again keeps going back to "load bit"

Quote Originally Posted by judgejrt View Post
    Thank you bergerud . I think I understand part of this.I should make 2 seperate projects (1 for each area of text)? LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON "JOG TO TOUCH" now.
    Yes, two separate projects for each level of text. When the bit goes to touch the board press STOP. Then choose 3)Jog and jog to where the text is going to be. (At this point you could also extend the bit, say, another 1/8" out of the chuck just to make sure the machine does not reject the bit after the touch.)

After the first project, do not lift the head. The second project will proceed without remeasuring the board.

This machine will not allow me to complete 'jog to touch" process

Quote Originally Posted by judgejrt View Post
    This machine will not allow me to complete 'jog to touch" process

What do you mean? You cannot jog to where you want? The machine asks to reload the bit?

sorry for delay in responding, had to go out of town. YES the machine will not allow completion of "jog to touch" .after loading bit AND THEN jogging to the place for text it starts again with "load bit" over and over. Trying to resolve with tech support. Paid incident fee now trying different things.

Did you try to extend the bit by the amount that the carving is deep?

If the bit touches much deeper than where the machine thinks the surface should be, it asks to reload the bit. Just before the touch, you have to stop the machine and extend the bit. (The machine needs to be tricked!)
    Last edited by bergerud; 01-13-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast