Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can this figure be made into a Pattern?

Default Can this figure be made into a Pattern?

This should be simple but played with it all day yesterday and can not figure out how to make this shape into a pattern with the cut-outs. I would like the outer shape puffed and the three inter-pieces removed. I do have most of the add-ons. Might not know how to use them very good but I would think this should be an easy object to make into a pattern.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    This should be simple but played with it all day yesterday and can not figure out how to make this shape into a pattern with the cut-outs. I would like the outer shape puffed and the three inter-pieces removed. I do have most of the add-ons. Might not know how to use them very good but I would think this should be an easy object to make into a pattern.

Sharon,

Will this work or do you need more "Puff". I made this pattern in Aspire but if you want to use just the designer, use the line tools to trace the shapes, puff the outer shape, and then use the cutout tool on all of the shapes. I tried to upload an example but the puff:bubble tool makes the file too big to upload.

EDIT: You could just make the pattern from the large shape and then use the vectors of the small shapes for cutouts on the pattern. That will leave a sharp transition on the inner cutouts. The pattern in my example has smooth transitions on the inner vectors but I did make them cutouts using the Designer.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 01-09-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    Steve

I assume you want to leave the holes out of the puff. Puff the two shapes in the attached mpc. Is that the idea?

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I assume you want to leave the holes out of the puff. Puff the two shapes in the attached mpc. Is that the idea?

Dan,

Check your upload
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Dan,

Check your upload
    Is something wrong? It is only two closed shapes to apply puff to. It shows how one can puff around holes.

Is this what you are trying to get? if so PM me your email file is to big to upload here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Design for Web 1.jpg  

Steve and Dan.... something funny is going on in trying to open either of your mpc's. They are coming through as media files. Farmer...I can get that far but the question is.... can you make a pattern out of it? I finally got out in shop today so will be checking back off and on. Thanks

that is just a pic the mpc file is too big to load to fourm pm me your email and I will zip it and send it to you

I have no problem opening the mpc's. It must be a file association problem at your end. Try to just download (save) and then open with Designer.

Now I see your problem. The holes do not come through when you make a pattern. My example shows how to make holes and have the puff floor around the holes. (I thought flooring around the holes was the challenge. see pic.)

Edit: if you just want holes to be part of the the pattern, you can you just make carve regions for the holes? (Clip exclusive on the puff so they show through.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails puff with holes.PNG  
    Last edited by bergerud; 01-09-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    that is just a pic the mpc file is too big to load to fourm pm me your email and I will zip it and send it to you
    The puff is what makes for the large file size. Just remove the puff. It can be "repuffed".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast