Thread: Aspire

Default Aspire

I am trying to find out what the newest Aspire program is and if it can be used with the CarveWright designer and be of good use with the CarveWright carving program.?

you can go to the Vectric website (parent company) to get the latest info on the software. Any 3d generating software can be used with CW designer with the stl import add-on.

Hopefully Steve comments since he uses the software.

I do have the STL importer Thank You for you help.

Clarification. Any 3d software that generates stl files can be used with the stl import add-on. There are a few programs that use obj. or other 3d file formats.

The other programs I have seen used here are MOI3d, Zbrush, sketchup, and the one I use, Blender 3d.

Quote Originally Posted by ONLY WINGE View Post
    I am trying to find out what the newest Aspire program is and if it can be used with the CarveWright designer and be of good use with the CarveWright carving program.?
    The newest release of Aspire is 8.5 and I use it to create most of my patterns and then import them in as an .stl. Sometime I use both Designer and Aspire. A good example would be to create the pattern and import it into the Designer and then add v-carve (centerline) text. Even then, that doesn't always work out better. If the pattern or design is easier and looks better in Aspire, and it usually is, I will use it exclusively. It just depends on the task at hand. I rarely use the Designer exclusively and almost never with vectors. Aspire also has the ability to convert text to vectors and does a really good job. It also has many other features that isn't possible in the Designer and it doesn't need any add-ons. In fact, I don't think there are any. Everything is built into the program. Oh, BTW, there are no annual fees with any Vectric products and their tech support is free and second to none.

Now the down side. It's $2000.00. Compared to other programs in its class, that's relatively cheep and, IMHO, worth every penny. As with any sophisticated software the learning curve is kind of steep but the Vectric people have produced excellent videos that cover almost all of the features and tools. Here is a link to some of the features. Use the "Support" pull-down menu at the top for other links to the videos and tips and tricks

http://www.vectric.com/products/aspire.html

I created this weave example in Aspire in less than 30 seconds.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weave Example.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 01-07-2017 at 08:24 PM.
    Steve