Thread: Help please

Default Help please

i would like to have the inner ring recessed below the outer (with the outer ring also higher than the rectangle background) Athough I've done this before I can't seem to get it now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Attachment 82922

Just make the inside circle deeper and apply clipping exclusive to the outer circle?

I would group the two circles before doing the merge subtractive on circle 1.

Thanks for responses. I apologise for for my ignorance but how do you " group 2 circles" ?

Have them both selected then right click on them and select Group. It may help to open your Carving List on the left hand side of your screen. To open it, go to View and Carving List down at the bottom of that menu.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

That's ok Select both in the carving list using Shift/Click on the first, then the second. When they are both highlighted, right click on one then select "group".

If you do this again, and they are not right next to each other like these, then you would CTRL/Click on each one you want to group.

I apologize if you already know this, but now that you have lowered the inner circle, the feet might chip out as they are so much taller than the floor of the inner circle. You might want to lower them too, or add some draft.

THANKS AGAIN FOR RESPONSES. bergerud that work arond worked with some adjustment to text