Thread: Rounded Corners

Default Rounded Corners

Can someone please tell me how to make rounded corners and lid as in the Ornamental Box project. I am trying to make some different designs as gifts for my five granddaughters. from Alaska Jim

What CW software do you have and what type of rounded corners are you thinking of?

With only the basic Designer, you can round the lid with a router bit and then make a pattern out of it. You do not actually need to have or use the router bit, you just use it to make a pattern in Designer.

(I did not upload the mpc since you have to draw your own curve and make your own pattern.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails box lid.PNG  

Thank You I understand how to get the rounded edge but, Can you tell me how to make the rounded corners on the lid ? I tried to use the arch tool for the corners but could not get it to work with the cut path tool to cut it out with the rounded corners.

Sorry I have version 3 upgrade , DXF and STL importer , Basic , Conforming Vector

What I do is draw the rectangle with the connected lines tool but draw 45 degree angles in the corners. Then after it is drawn, I convert the 45 degree corners to arcs. Either right click on each arc and change Form or use the convert to arc button in the toolbar. (Make sure the connected lines you draw is closed.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails convert to arcs.png  

Here is a link to "Ask Bud"'s link for making rounded corners. He has a lot of videos on you tube for using the designer program.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip3KBV2JQtg

His main page is... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuP...?feature=watch

hope this helps you
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

I made a video awhile back on how to make rounded corners in the Designer. Here is the link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0j...ew?usp=sharing
    Steve