Thread: Dust Collection Hood Pattern

Default Dust Collection Hood Pattern

Hello, I found through google where someone carved a dust collection hood for their machine and had stated the pattern was free on here somewhere. I cant seem to locate it. I just recently installed a DC in my wood shop and would love to find this pattern. Any and all help would be appreciated, I hope I am posting in the right area for this. I have not posted many times.

Thats the one that I carved. Been using it for years--works great!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

4. Default

I also used this one for about a year until I purchased a used dust devil on flea bay. It worked well but you will notice the difference with a Dust Devil or Ring Neck Blues dust collector.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I used that design as a starting point for my dust collector. I used some old plastic fittings from under a kitchen sink water trap as it fit on my shop vac hose. It gets most of the dust but I'd like to add a lip to the front someday to get the suction down a little closer to the work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0069.JPG   IMG_0070.JPG   IMG_0071.JPG   IMG_0072.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    I used that design as a starting point for my dust collector. I used some old plastic fittings from under a kitchen sink water trap as it fit on my shop vac hose. It gets most of the dust but I'd like to add a lip to the front someday to get the suction down a little closer to the work.
    I really like seeing other people designs for the dust collection attachments. Great concept of using plumbing fittings for the hose hook up.

This was my first attempt after finding out that a down draft system did not work very well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DC_2.jpg   DC_1.jpg  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    I really like seeing other people designs for the dust collection attachments.
    This was my second attempt at a top-mount collector and has been in use for a number of years now. The airflow path is much smoother than my first one, which I think makes a big difference. The bottom part, front sides, and upper lip are carved. A piece of aluminum sheet is screwed and taped in place to make a smooth bottom surface. The top is also sheet aluminum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6305358.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	82897 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6305359.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	82898 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6305360.JPG 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	82899

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    This was my second attempt at a top-mount collector and has been in use for a number of years now. The airflow path is much smoother than my first one, which I think makes a big difference. The bottom part, front sides, and upper lip are carved. A piece of aluminum sheet is screwed and taped in place to make a smooth bottom surface. The top is also sheet aluminum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6305358.JPG 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	82897 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6305359.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	82898 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S6305360.JPG 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	82899
    Nice design! Having the smooth transition for the bottom does help with the air flow.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.