Thread: New to Carvewright

Default New to Carvewright

I am new to the CW machine and have fallen in love with the lithopane process. I bought a used CW and was not sure how I would like it. I have had a cnc plasma for years and am an accomplished machinist but not so much in the wood/craft type world. I have done 5 lithopanes in the last 3 days and they have turned out fantastic!
    I learned by going to the lithopane portion of the forum and by reading the article by Jason Allen.

Thanks for the pointers on the forum and the Tips and Tricks article. I can't wait to marry some metal and woodworking together!

Loyd

Loyd,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your enthusiasm for lithopanes. I like to call them the "WOW" factor when showing someone the CarveWright. Looking forward to seeing lots of your combined creations!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

What a great bug to have... I also love the amazing wow factor of a good Lithopane... have you used the new 1/32nd bit it really brings out the details.

4. Default

I have made a lot of money selling lithophanes all by word of mouth.

Default Sacrificial board

Does anyone know if I need to use a sacrificial board when cutting out patterns