Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E49-0320

I looked at the masking tape area from the last try where-in the board moved 1 inch before the E49-0320 stopped it. I really couldn't see any brass roller marks. I depressed the brass roller assembly and found spring tension under it but not a lot, and it came back up easily. I wouldn't say it would press "hard" against a board. I loaded a 3/4 inch board that was planed, sanded and edge jointed and taped I did the sensor checks and found the cover switch ok, the back roller compresses about 1/5 crank turn before the front one, the board sensor reads 0 when not over the board and 130 when over the board, Y=0, Z=0, X=0, board tracking=0. After selecting a project the width was measured ok,but when the length was measured it only moved 1/4 inch or so and errored out with same code. The sensors then read: board sensor=121, Y=1.723, Z=.003, X=149.750, and tracking-0.015.

It looks like the board tracking sensor is not working. While with x position is on the display, roll the brass roller with your finger. Do you see the Brd Tracking numbers change?

Default update

Yes the board tracking numbers change as I roll the roller by hand. The "board position" stays at 0. There is definitely spring pressure under the bass roller assembly pushing it up but can I know if it's enough? I laid a straight edge across the brass roller and onto both rubber belts and the roller definitely is higher than the belts and so that would seem ok. Subsequently to posting this I edited it because I checked and one of the washers under the squaring plate, the one plate holding the roller assembly, was missing. I replaced it with a similar metal washer and the board would measure farther but basically no improvement.

Well, that all seems normal. Maybe the problem is with the x drive. See if the board position numbers change when you manually move the belts. (It can take a good hard push.)

Yes, they do.

I need to go offline for awhile but I am also detecting some grinding/slipping when I lower the head and apply the pressure to the board. Can it be all connected to the same problem?

Well, since both encoder systems seem to work, it must be some physical interference. Sorry to ask again, but, are you sure the front belt is not interfering with the brass roller? Check how close the brass roller come to the belt when it is pushed down by the board.

That is all I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    I need to go offline for awhile but I am also detecting some grinding/slipping when I lower the head and apply the pressure to the board. Can it be all connected to the same problem?

Maybe it could. Check the head for level.

I'm away from the machine for awhile but I did use my scale and found the clutch doesn't start to slip until it reads 140 pounds on the first click and over 200 before the second click. I will check the board/roller clearance also. Thanks much. P.S. I did check the brass roller clearance just now by bridging between the two rubber belts with a metal straight edge and having the brass roller depressed in between. There is no clearance at this time, and actually the roller is pressed against the front belt. We're getting closer?

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    P.S. I did check the brass roller clearance just now by bridging between the two rubber belts with a metal straight edge and having the brass roller depressed in between. There is no clearance at this time, and actually the roller is pressed against the front belt. We're getting closer?
    I think that could be it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast