Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E49-0320

Default E49-0320

I have checked the items found in the search results for this error message. My board is 25 inches long and during the startup sequence where it first measures the length of the board the board travels only 3-4 inches from left to right and I get this error. It has not traveled far enough for either roller to release. Also, what is the process for sending in the machine for an overhaul, general costs and turnaround time?

This error means the tracking roller has failed (That is: the x encoder data and tracking roller encoder data disagree.) Look at the brass roller for clues. Make sure it rolls properly under the board. (Roller O ring rubbing on the front belt?)

I'm confused, is it supposed to rub on the front belt? It looks like it would miss the belt as the belt is not in line with it but off to the side a sixteenth or so.

Bergerud understands the machine a lot more than I do but it sounds like the brass tracking roller is not moving to match the machines expectations knowing how far the drive belts should have moved the board. My guess would be the board is not down on the roller. There has been a lot of issues with this due to various board issues. Warped boards, edge of the board uneven. Many use masking tape to provide traction for the roller. There is a rubber O-ring as mentioned that sometimes gets rolled out and causes a problem. Hope this helps, am sure the experts will fill an the blanks.
    Rick H

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    I'm confused, is it supposed to rub on the front belt? It looks like it would miss the belt as the belt is not in line with it but off to the side a sixteenth or so.
    It is not supposed to rub on the belt. With the rubber belts, however, it sometimes does rub and this causes tracking problems. I mentioned it only as something to check.

I kept having these issues when I got started with the machine and identified a couple of things I was doing or not doing that caused it. I was not blowing out the roller sensors like I should. Lift up on them on the key board side and blow it out with low pressure.

The second thing was the boards I was using. If they were even slightly cupped or bowed or had some indentation along the edge that runs over the brass roller I would get an error. I started making jigs out of MDF, I run masking tape down both sides so it will track better over the brass roller and on the other side to help it maintain traction on the belts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are 2 grooves that the rubber o-ring could be in and I have it in the one closest to the key pad side, right? Could it be too small? what is it's purpose because the brass roller is what is doing the tracking correct? Thanks for the help as I've had so many successes that I can't figure out what I'm missing this time.

On both my sand paper and rubber belt machines they are closest to the center of the machine, not the keypad. It may have rolled out of the groove. Have you checked your head pressure? Something caused it to shift.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    There are 2 grooves that the rubber o-ring could be in and I have it in the one closest to the key pad side, right? Could it be too small? what is it's purpose because the brass roller is what is doing the tracking correct? Thanks for the help as I've had so many successes that I can't figure out what I'm missing this time.
    I do not think the O ring being in the wrong slot is your problem. You should go through the sensor checks. Roller switches, x tracking, and x drive.

Also look to see that the brass roller presses hard against the underside of the board. Do you see the normal brass roller tracking marks under the board?

A big "Thank You" to all the dedicated Carvewrighters for taking time over the holidays to mull over my problem! I'll work with your valued advice and talk with you after the season has passed. Merry Christmas!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast