Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of diversifying

Please be careful with this thread.

It is, so far, fine to talk about competition or other tools, but could very easily stray to breaking the following forum rule:

Do not engage in disruptive posting behavior: Users are expected to refrain from "trolling"threads and to post with some level of maturity. Trolling posts include the following actions with thepurpose of causing a disturbance in the community:
    − Posts of outrageous nature with the sole aim of baiting people to answer
    − Posts that generally sow discord on the forum
    − Posts that inspire heated rhetoric
    − Posts that are pointless, offensive, or annoying
    − Posts where the instigator purposely plays “dumb” so as to incite the rest of the forum
    − Posts with the sole purpose of disparaging the company, product or associated people
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    My suggestion would be to have a clear market and business plan. Also a specific product you want to produce with your tools. My 40W engraving laser has been sitting in my shop corner and it hasn't been turned on for almost 2 years. I have plans to play with it this weekend but I don't even know if it works. The worst thing you can do to a laser tube is not use it.
    +1..... I TOO have a Laser Engraver sitting in the corner that has not been turned on in over 4 years.... LOL... Just TOO many toys and TOO little time.... I have a Rotary Engraver too... That is about 5 years... It has much better resolution for fine text but only a 9 x 12 inch table. Also have a Vinyl Cutter and that is going on 2 years since I have used it. With the laser, the tube is likely about gone... True letting them sit... they leak... It's a old Epilog and a after market tube recharge ($2K) would give it another 10 years of life but it is only a 25 watt.

A family friend will likely be joining the CarveWright community soon with a CX. I look forward to seeing his creations. He first saw me at a Craft Show in 2008 with my Cute Cousin and was interested then but now has the time to play. I wish him well.

A business plan is a good thing... My plan has changed as the market changed from Craft Stuff to Fire Stuff. So be flexible.... Just don't go down the slippery road of Copyright violations... The sports stuff looks like a money maker without a license but it can lead to bad things....

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC05190_WEB.jpg   DSC03969_WEB.jpg   DSC07698_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Please be careful with this thread.

It is, so far, fine to talk about competition or other tools, but could very easily stray to breaking the following forum rule:

Do not engage in disruptive posting behavior: Users are expected to refrain from "trolling"threads and to post with some level of maturity. Trolling posts include the following actions with thepurpose of causing a disturbance in the community:
    − Posts of outrageous nature with the sole aim of baiting people to answer
    − Posts that generally sow discord on the forum
    − Posts that inspire heated rhetoric
    − Posts that are pointless, offensive, or annoying
    − Posts where the instigator purposely plays “dumb” so as to incite the rest of the forum
    − Posts with the sole purpose of disparaging the company, product or associated people
    I hope to be less misleading; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_wk3q8jWcs https://shapertools.com/ I believe this tool may never replace relief carving with a Carvewright, but may have a place in diversifying a modern woodshop.
    thanks so much!
    karl

It is amazing how quickly technology is growing. 3d printers, hand held cnc routers, laser engravers,and so on. I personally do not even feel that I have scratched the surface of the capabilities of my CarveWright, I am still trying to learn all of the software and what it can do. We have had our machines for about 4 years and I still haven't tried scanning, or lithograph, or slicing, or, or ,or the list goes on. The reason we went with CarveWright was the software package and its capabilities and I am always learning and amazed at what I see people accomplish with this machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12