Thread: Computer ID issues

Default Computer ID issues

I recently bought a new computer with Windows 10 on it. Every time the computer updates my connection to Carvewright is lost and I have to call in and have them reset me so that their system will recognize my computer. Carvewright says that my computer ID is changing during the update. Does anyone know how to fix this issue. I can't even figure out where the computer ID is since it is clearly not the computer name. I appreciate any help anyone could give.

Thanks,

Charlie

Same thing happens to me and I have to call LHR about once a month. It doesn't take very long to do it, but the bad part is that I have to redownload all my POM's, purchased patterns, etc. That is the bad part. Also, it seems to happen late on Friday afternoon and then I can't call until Monday morning.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

I hear you Mike! There has to be a way to fix this.

4. Default

This can be a problem with any software that uses computer ID to verify registration to a particular computer. Many proprietary software makers have changed to a system built off of information from the hard drive. This change is intended to prevent issues of the machine ID changing when network information for the computer changes. Hopefully CW will consider this change also. Below is some information from another software company I have used. They had the same problem until changing to a Hard drive ID software registration.

The following situations can result in a changed Machine ID:

• The network adapter changed.
    • The motherboard has been replaced.
    • The network card has been replaced.
    • The way you connect to the network is a USB modem or express card. If you connect this way your Machine ID may only remain the same for that particular connection instance.
    • The computer is running MAC address cloning software. This is software that runs between our application and the Operating System and it allows the machine to report a different MAC address then the network adapter actually has.
    • Any software that adds a virtual network adapter:

• Running ID required software in a Virtual Machine (such as Virtualbox or VMWare)
    • On Windows some network adapters allow MAC address changing as one of the properties in the adapter's advanced settings. You can find these settings in the Device Manager.
    • On Macintosh the MAC address can be changed using the terminal. This change will exist until the machine is rebooted.