Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gmnast PTN

Ok I just tried to load the project so I could carve it but it says spline 2,3,and 4 are hidden and has zero carve depth I tried to add the carve depth the board is 3/4 thick but it wont let me.

The zero carve depth message is because I put the original three traces on the rear of the board. (I did this in case you or someone else might want to try something different.) Just flip over the board in Designer and delete them.

How's this? If you look closely, the pattern is not flat. You can also see that there is a cutout that is a connected line, not a path. The outline pattern did not work correctly and I had to re-trace it manually with some difficulty in converting the lines to bezier curves (splines).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 12-22-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    Steve

Thanks Steve the only problem with this one is I just want a rectangle under the girls like bergerud did and I want to be able to add my own text so I am using a 11.25 by 24" 3/4 thick board and I want to just to cut the girls out like you did and the rest just a rectangle so I can add in my text and I am going to put dowels in so she can hang her medals. so yours is perfect if it can be changed. so it really wouldn't be a carve its just a cutout of the top of the board were the girls are and a centerline text.

Kevin

so just like this but mine will be bigger

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gymnistsdxf.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	82741

The text on the previous example was applied using the Designer. You can change it to anything you like. I left this one blank.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

Steve,
    Thank you this is perfect she will be very happy thank you for doing it. And thanks again to Bergerud for helping me out.

Steve,
    when I outline the PTN and I make it a cut path when I get to the last girl on the right when I try and make the part between her legs a cut path the cut path tool will not high lite all the other cut paths work fine

Quote Originally Posted by xchief807 View Post
    Steve,
    when I outline the PTN and I make it a cut path when I get to the last girl on the right when I try and make the part between her legs a cut path the cut path tool will not high lite all the other cut paths work fine
    It worked okay for me in the .mpc. It's a problem with the Designer on some outlines. Sometimes it works better if you make the pattern a little larger before outlining. Since it isn't a true vector and cannot be edited, you will have to manually trace the path. Be sure to close it so there are no end points. The cut path tool should work then.
    Steve

Ok never mind I played with it and got it to work thanks again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12