Thread: Drill Tool

Default Drill Tool

I am trying to make a cribbage board and I am wondering if/how there is a way to set the holes up without doing each one individually. I am playing around now looking. any help will be appreciated

Thanks
    Elmo

The Copy Offset in the 2D tools add on is useful. Otherwise, snap to grid with copy and paste is all I know.

Post a picture of what pattern you are trying to go for and maybe you can get more specific suggestions.

Isn't it also true that the machine will carve them in the order laid out, so keep that in mind to minimize board travel.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

thank you,, bergerud I am not sure of a pattern yet, just trying to learn more than anything. lynnfrwd appreciate that so I do not skip around setting them up

Thanks
    Elmo Sr

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Isn't it also true that the machine will carve them in the order laid out, so keep that in mind to minimize board travel.
    I wonder if one could rearrange the order by cutting and pasting. That is, cut and paste the holes in place where they are to change the order in which they are drilled. I will experiment with it and see. It might be a useful trick.

(I have a trick to change the direction that a curve is routed after it is drawn.)

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    My observation is that this is not true. It seems to select the order based on position on the board to minimize the x travel. When you route a connected line it does it in the direction that the line was created. But if you have have multiple connected lines with assigned bits the order in which it does each one seems to move across the board in x direction starting with the next closest starting point.

Frederick

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I drilled some holes and Frederick is right. The order in which the holes are placed does not appear to have anything to do with the order in which they are drilled. They seem to just be drilled from one end of the board to the other as the x moves along.