Thread: What next??

Post What next??

I have been having fits with the board sensors. First it was the "clear sensor" error. I replaced the sensor and am getting good readings from it now. Then it giving tracking sensor error. I got into the sensor check in the options menu and it wasn't changing when i manually rolled it. Got a new tracking sensor and same results. The minus sign comes on and the third digit after the . will flash but nothing else. What do I need to check now. Please help......

I have not heard of anyone before with a tracking sensor problem like this. Following the wires to look for problems is all I can think of.

(When I get home from work I will see if disconnecting the sensor gives me the same behavior.)

Could be a bad FFC Cable with the wires actually shorting intermittently and this in turn affects the roller as it operates off of 5 volts too. Did you do a board sensor test with a sheet of white paper and monitor the data while moving the head from side to side checking the FFC for broken conductors.

Watch the FFC cable bottom 2 conductors ripping on the Y cooling fins.

Also remember the board sensor 4 wire cable has a bad habit of pinching shorting out from pulling it down. This again messes with the 5 volts..

And you are using a 14 pin FFC Cable System correct? Saw you joined in the early days.... Might be a few of the old 18 pin systems around.... I saw a 2007 "A" unit on Craigslist that sold for $1200.00 that has a 18 pin... Bummer for the buyer.... it was only worth about $500.00..... Talked to the seller...

And last but not least... You could have sawdust inside your computer....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08506_WEB.jpg   DSC08501_WEB.jpg   DSC08502_WEB.jpg   DSC08500_WEB.jpg  

DSC08510_WEB.jpg   DSC03367_WEB.jpg   DSC02623_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I had that problem too. Cleaned out the sawdust in the sensor window and that fixed the problem. If the sensor can't see then you won't get a change in readings. Correct guys?

As I see, the board tracking sensor wires go straight to the controller. My tracking numbers just freeze if I disconnect it. Check where the wires feed under the case. Maybe a wire is broken.

have you tried different boards ? when I get errors like that I find it was the board I was trying to carve on.
    http://william.bowen.com/:)
    ("There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
    - Herbert Spencer )

The board sensor is working in specs. since I replaced it. Now it's the tracking sensor. I have cleaned out the sawdust. I'll check the wiring later this mirning. It is a 14 pin FFC cabe and have checked to be sure it is and has not hung up on anything. Thanks for all the input!! I'll check back later after I check the tracking cable.....

Great news, making sawdust again!!!! Thanks for all of your insight! It was a broken wire from the tracking sensor. No clue how it could have gotten broken, there dosen't seem to be anything around it to cut it, but it's working now. Thanks again, all......