Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Thoughts - Patterns

Herb, just making sure these patterns are not the same patterns from vector. They state they are for personal use only and can not be resold or shared. Copyright laws!

Don't want you to get into trouble or anyone else. Otherwise I am on board for some patterns. So far if I see one I like I right click it and save it to my documents. Of course from free areas or photos etc. Then import it to my pattern file and it seems to work.

I am curious if a purchased pattern will carve differently?

I think the pattern market needs some good competition. I say go for it and best of luck with your new business.

Quote Originally Posted by Router-Jim View Post
    I think the pattern market needs some good competition. I say go for it and best of luck with your new business.
    I agree!! More competition in the pattern market will be good for everyone.

4. Default

The possibilities are endless. Don't let the nay-sayers affect your decision. With 1000's of machines out there already and many more on the way, the market is going to be huge. Best of Luck to you!!

Trust me I am not a nay sayer, just trying to have Herb back. With all the sharing of patterns and some members not willing to share due the copy right law.

I hope the best and look forward to excellent priced patterns

Cool Issue not looked at

I would say making high quality pattern (ptn) files does have a market. However, you haven't thought of the licensing agreement with SEARS and Carvewright and 3D VA. I'm sure they have a license, patent or copywrite on their software. Make them for yourself okay.... profit from them and it'll cost you alot for licensing agreement.

I'm just saying..................
    Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    I would say making high quality pattern (ptn) files does have a market. However, you haven't thought of the licensing agreement with SEARS and Carvewright and 3D VA. I'm sure they have a license, patent or copywrite on their software. Make them for yourself okay.... profit from them and it'll cost you alot for licensing agreement.

That's a twist I hadn't thought about...but really doubt it applies. There are tons of patterns for laser engravers, cnc plasma, etc., etc. Do they all have licensing agreements? I read the carvewright EUA awhile back to see what it said about giving a compucarve owner patterns they could not produce with the software that came with their machine (ie. centerline text). I personally feel that is a copyright infringement. I couldn't find anything specific. I am not a lawyer, and there is a lot of legalese. If there is a problem selling ptn's, then one would just sell the grayscale image and the buyer would produce their own ptn. Carvewright has said they are going to introduce software that is g-code capable. That will open up opportunities to use many, many patterns already available. Also, those of us that are beta owners saw this subject discussed very early on. Carvewight suggested then it was always their intent to have third party patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post

This is a reply to an email I sent to LHR on 23 Jan 07:

"Hi Troy,

I don't believe there is any problem selling your plans, as long as they are your design or you have rights to sell them.

As for the forum, some companies have advertised patterns available for the machine, and I don't see a problem advertising products relevant to users of the machine. But really, it is up to the user community as to what is acceptable.

We expect to bring an online marketplace/trading site for patterns and probably entire projects.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
    Chris Morlier
    CarveWright"

IOW, use the software to make patterns if you want, and sell all you want, if people are willing to buy them. The more patterns that are available the more people will buy the machine, and the longer and stronger our support network will be. Of course free is a better motivator (for everyone but the person doing the design work).
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me

9. Default

Thanks for posting Troy. That pretty much sums it up.

Thumbs up good idea!

I think it is a wonderful idea! More people the more designs on the internet the better and at around $10.00 dollars what's to loose!

promo:

I have a free Motorcycle on my site with projects you can download at:
    http://www.liquidguitars.com/html/carvewright.html

here is a pic.

Lig
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 03-26-2007 at 11:59 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast