Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pattern help please

Default pattern help please

I would like to place rectangle carve area around patterns . When I add the carve area the flower disappears. I would like to keep the banner in front of flower if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by judgejrt View Post
    I would like to place rectangle carve area around patterns . When I add the carve area the flower disappears. I would like to keep the banner in front of flower if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    It is all about playing with the heights and depths of the objects on your project board.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kiaora.PNG 
Views:	68 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	82070

Not sure what is going on...I put the banner and hibiscus in a group and then it worked. Changed merge to normal. I also changed the depth of all elements to .125.
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 10-05-2016 at 03:17 PM.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thanks sent you a pm

My sister asked me to make her a sign for her sewing room. Not being a good designer I'm stuck. I've searched thru all my files and I can't find any of the items she wants on her sign besides the V-text. Any help would sure be of great help.
    This picture is what she has in mind. I know that the needle and thread is going to be really hard to carve since it will not be of good height, suggestions welcomed.

Thanks guys
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img001.jpg  
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Jerry,

I can help out with the needle and thread. Should carve fine but add small to medium draft. If I have time tonight I'll make some scissors.

Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW need and thread.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jerry,

I cheated. I made a quick model of the scissor blades and then used filagrees from the Designer basic patterns to fill in the handle portion. A lot quicker than trying to model from scratch. Enclosed the fancy handle scissors but also uploaded the basic scissor blades if you want to play with different filagrees to get a different set of handles more to your liking.

-O
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW fancy handle scissors.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Oscar, I'll keep those while I'm still looking for a sewing machine pattern, I've looked all over, even the Media Fire site with no luck. Nothing in the pattern depot either, I have thousands of patterns but no darn sewing machine. Any suggestions on how to convert a good image into a pattern for this project would be a lot of help, I've never done it before but sure willing to try. With one foot in the grave I just wish I would have learned this stuff when the CW first came out....lol
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Jerry,

I didn't mention it but I have been working on a sewing machine for the pattern store but...I kind of forgot to submit it. lol. PM me your email again please and I'll send you the pattern.

There are some cool things you can do with the sign.

- O
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW sewing studio sign.png  

Very nice patterns Oscar. I'm sure Jerry can make something quite nice for his sister from those. Jerry, post what you come up with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast