Thread: Editing without Pattern Editor

Unhappy Editing without Pattern Editor

I noticed the difference in my uploaded pattern when I used the Pattern Editor. My excitement quickly came to a hault when I learned I couldn't save my pattern because I don't have the software. So, my questions are as follows:

1.) Is there a way to edit your patterns (pictures and uploaded images) in another program? (I have Photoshop)

2.) What are some tips and tricks to editing for optimal carving?

Thanks!

I use Gimp it is free and works for converting to grey scale and also editing.

Thank you for responding. I am familiar with Gimp. What are some of the editing tools that you use? I read in some forums that blurr helps the pattern. Do you know of any tutorials on editing the pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by HonorBox View Post
    I noticed the difference in my uploaded pattern when I used the Pattern Editor. My excitement quickly came to a hault when I learned I couldn't save my pattern because I don't have the software. So, my questions are as follows:

1.) Is there a way to edit your patterns (pictures and uploaded images) in another program? (I have Photoshop)

2.) What are some tips and tricks to editing for optimal carving?

Thanks!
    Hi; You can use Photoshop to clean up your images and to remove the Image background. I like to start with a line drawing image. You need a grayscale image to make the CW "Z" truck carve the pattern file, and give it a 3d look.
    It works best to start with a line drawing to make theGrayscale image that the CW “Z” Truck uses to carve the pattern, it reads theBinary code to make the carving.
    0000=transparent, 0001=Black, 0255=White and 0128=centerof the carving depth. That makes 256 shades of gray in the Grayscale Image.

I use a $50.00 program called ShaderMap Pro to make the Grayscale image file. and then use the grayscale image to make your Pattern file. The "PTN" file. Attached are two PDF files to show how I do that. Send me a "PM" with your e-mail address if you need more info. BJB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ShaderMap 3 DEMO INST for CW Unit -pdf.pdf   ELK Head image 1.PNG   ELK Head image 2.PNG   ELK Head image 3.PNG  

ELK Head image 4.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 12-03-2016 at 01:00 AM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.