Thread: I have a tab

Default I have a tab

I had an experience today that tickled me pink.

We only worked a half day on the Air Base when the Colonel released all the staff for an early Thanksgiving break. Since I now had a little time on my hands I went to the base woodshop to see if they were open and pick up some black walnut.

I was surprised to see the door was open so I walked in and met the manager. I told him I was surprised he was open when he told me they were actually closed and he was only in to finish up some paperwork. So I said, "well darn, I'll see you next week then." He then stopped me and asked me what I needed. I told him I needed about 10 board feet of black walnut. So he said just go and pick your lumber and then I'll calculate your bill and I'll put on you tab.

lol. I have a tab at the lumber store. I am now a real wood worker.

I am still chuckling.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all.

- Oscar

Oscarl48 I want to thank you for your service!!! I was in the Army a long time ago and know what it means to be in the service for our country. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!! Hope you found some good black walnut for your project.

And thank you for your service. Retired after 21 years and now work as a consultant. Not nearly as exciting but still lets be hang out with the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    And thank you for your service. Retired after 21 years and now work as a consultant. Not nearly as exciting but still lets be hang out with the guys.

did you get my email I sent a little surprise happy thanks giving and thank you for your service
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Thank you Henry. Appreciate it. Happy Thanksgiving as well.