Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: designer stopped working

Default designer stopped working

Running Designer 1.187. When I try to open I get "Files required for Carvewright designer have been moved or are missing. Please reinstall" I was using the software on Friday and it worked fine.

I can run the program by right clicking and running as administrator but there has to be a better fix than that. If I delete the program from my computer and reinstall, will I lose all my favorites?

I am also having difficulty when I try to import an image file. when I try to "finish" to save the image to favorites, it opens another screen which is blank every and doesn't allow me to select location or file name.

I have seen others who have had previous issues with the first problem, but as of yet have not seen any real solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

I thin it has to do with the anniversary updated of ?Win 10. Connie had me install it straight to the C drive - not /programs x86 whatever. I have 1.187, 2 and 3 all installed and it happened with all three.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Thanks, I am using windows 10 (have been for sometime). Now for someone who is as tech ignorant as myself, how do I go about installing straight to the C drive and not the program files? do I need to delete the old 1.187 from the program files? If I do, will I lose my favorites?

Are you able to look at the CW files in the program files directory? Just going and having a look at the files might allow you change the ownership.

With newer versions of Windows, you have to use the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR command in order for the files to go into the correct location.

You can copy your favorites.mpn file, but DO NOT TRY TO OPEN IT!!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

He said it was working and then stopped. It seems to me that the ownership of some files has changed.

Well, then my next advise would be don't use Internet Explorer or Edge. Use Chrome or Firefox.

JD, I can deactivate the old registration, if you will tell me which computer. Something may have changed your computer ID.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Ok, my laptop just did a self update and now opening carvewright is not a problem. It opens fine double clicking the desktop icon or the quick start icon. I have no idea what it did to fix it (I'm rather tech ignorant). However, I am still having the problem with trying to upload an image file. When I go to finish the screen goes blank and I cannot save that image to my favorites. The images I am trying to upload/import are reworked .png files. I will try to upload pics of what it is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPratt View Post
    Ok, my laptop just did a self update and now opening carvewright is not a problem. It opens fine double clicking the desktop icon or the quick start icon. I have no idea what it did to fix it (I'm rather tech ignorant). However, I am still having the problem with trying to upload an image file. When I go to finish the screen goes blank and I cannot save that image to my favorites. The images I am trying to upload/import are reworked .png files. I will try to upload pics of what it is doing.
    Ok, that could be bad. I had that problem and my favorites file was corrupted. Luckily for me, I had recently backed it up.

As a test, you can rename the favorites file. When Designer starts, it will then create a new (empty) favorites file. If your patterns now save, then something is amiss with the old favorites file.

I guess I am unable to upload a video. Here is a rather simple description of the problem. clicked on import image, from file, double clicked image, click next, bring into viewer, got to finish, and it disappears into another window which is blank. You can see the double windows at the bottom when this occurs. The only thing I can do at that point is close both windows. Here are a couple screen shots. Remember, I'm tech stupid so please talk slow and I can probably explain it better than take pics of it. I am still able to open my favorites and use old patterns in projects without issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shot 1.png   Shot 2.png   Shot 3.png  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast