Thread: Creating wavy patterns

Default Creating wavy patterns

This question may have been answered before I just don't know how to word it in a search.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	creating_wavy_surface_patterns.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	82455
    I know it is easy enough to do this with grayscale images I am trying to speed things up a little.
    Does anyone have a technique of doing this with a cove bit using just the CW software with the centerline text tool and the conforming vector tools.
    I am thinking of creating a font with wavy lines of varying thickness and then using that to "draw" the texture by overlaying the lines and then getting CW to carve.

Any comments would be appreciated.
    Thank you. Carl

Not quite the same look but with the advanced software you can use the texture tool.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl H View Post
    This question may have been answered before I just don't know how to word it in a search.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	creating_wavy_surface_patterns.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	82455
    I know it is easy enough to do this with grayscale images I am trying to speed things up a little.
    Does anyone have a technique of doing this with a cove bit using just the CW software with the centerline text tool and the conforming vector tools.
    I am thinking of creating a font with wavy lines of varying thickness and then using that to "draw" the texture by overlaying the lines and then getting CW to carve.

Any comments would be appreciated.
    Thank you. Carl

I would make a line drawing; make the drawing into a Font image and then carve it with the centerline program. I made my drawing into a Cap "A" -you need to load the font to your computer to see my pattern. BJB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wavy Line drawing v bit.PNG   Wavy line drawings-CW.PNG   1-wavy-graphic-background-153472982_vectorized invert.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 11-15-2016 at 10:35 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Thank you