Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dust Collection System?

1. Default New Dust Collection System?

I just noticed that Rockler is selling a different Dust Collector for the Carvewright than what has historically been available ( ring neck blues and dust devil) I also looked on LHR website and found that the Dust Devil is no longer for sale. It looks like Carvewright finally decided to make their own dust insert but for some reason is only selling them on Rockler at least for now. The cost is $49.99 and the design is more like the dust devil than the Ring Neck Blues and its all plastic.

http://www.rockler.com/dust-hood-for...-cx-cnc-system

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rockler CW DC.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	82440

They are stocking the Rockler stores first and when they get their new shipment in it will be available in their store.

You will notice it has a 2 1/2" hose hook up versus the 4" hose hook up.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

Interesting, I had someone ask me about the carvetight chuck and its not on the site either (only the send the machine option) so I guess they are waiting for stock on those also. I was trying to get a price for him and if he bought it I was going to install it for him.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    They are stocking the Rockler stores first and when they get their new shipment in it will be available in their store.

I hope this does not hurt your sales. I think you have a great product.

Quote Originally Posted by normrichards View Post
    I hope this does not hurt your sales. I think you have a great product.
    Norm,

Thanks for the feedback. I am guessing it will slow down some of my sales. I still stand by my claim that it is the best on the market and that it JUST SUCKS!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Interesting, I had someone ask me about the carvetight chuck and its not on the site either (only the send the machine option) so I guess they are waiting for stock on those also. I was trying to get a price for him and if he bought it I was going to install it for him.
    That is correct ..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post

I saw this DC adapter on Rockler a week or so ago. I own both RingNeckBlues and the Dust devil and , IMHO, Floyd's works the best and is the easiest to use. Since Floyd's works so well I had decided to wait an see what the reviews on this new one would be but, after giving it a second thought, I went ahead and purchased it. It came in the mail a couple of days ago but I haven't had a chance mount it on the machine and test it yet. BTW, the info on the web is incorrect. Mine came with a 4" adapter. If you plan to attach a 4" hose with a clamp it should work great but the standard 4" DC fittings and couplings don't seem to fit very well and they fit perfectly on Floyd's. I guess the "work-around" would be to use a short section of 4" hose as an adapter. More testing later.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 11-14-2016 at 10:32 AM.
    Steve

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    I saw this DC adapter on Rockler a week or so ago. I own both RingNeckBlues and the Dust devil and , IMHO, Floyd's works the best and is the easiest to use. Since Floyd's works so well I had decided to wait an see what the reviews on this new one would be but, after giving it a second thought, I went ahead and purchased it. It came in the mail a couple of days ago but I haven't had a chance mount it on the machine and test it yet. BTW, the info on the web is incorrect. Mine came with a 4" adapter. If you plan to attach a 4" hose with a clamp it should work great but the standard 4" DC fittings and couplings don't seem to fit very well and they fit perfectly on Floyd's. I guess the "work-around" would be to use a short section of 4" hose as an adapter. More testing later.
    How many machines do you own? Or do you just like trying them all out? I have the Dust Devil but only because it came with my CW when my son in law bought it used. It works and I don't have anything else to compare it too. I have noticed over the years that floyds seems to be raved about. It is interesting to me that many of the innovations over the years started with customers building on to their CW. The chuck, the dust collection, the light inside, etc.

How many machines do you own? Or do you just like trying them all out? I have the Dust Devil but only because it came with my CW when my son in law bought it used. It works and I don't have anything else to compare it too. I have noticed over the years that floyds seems to be raved about. It is interesting to me that many of the innovations over the years started with customers building on to their CW. The chuck, the dust collection, the light inside, etc.
    I only have one working machine but probably have enough spare parts to construct another one. I have been using Floyd's DC adapter since he first started making them. Later on, when the Dust Devil came out, I thought it looked pretty cool and was curious about how it worked so I bought it. It worked pretty good but my main complaint was the location of the port. It interfered with the operation of the lid when the hose was attached and got in the way when changing bits. I re-installed Floyd's and have been using it ever since. I do some consulting and repair work on the machines and when someone doesn't have a DC adapter the Dust Devil is my loaner.

This new one looks promising. Overall it's about the same size as Floyd's and the dust port is off to the side. All three are similar in design in that they all have reduced the intake to a narrow slot due to the design of the machine. This reduces the volume of air so the larger dust collectors work better. If you have a 1500 cfm DC and could actually move 1500 cfm through the machine there would not be ANY dust or chips left. I think the idea is to collect the fine particles of sawdust that are harmful so all three are what they call GE (good enough).
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 11-14-2016 at 11:37 AM.
    Steve

Steve,

Curious as to how you seal the crimped opening? I find that I am getting a fair bit of vacuum leakage, so I have defaulted to fighting the bit change situation.

Thanks,
    Dian

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast