Thread: Another Project

Default Another Project

We had what I called a dead space between the kitchen and the dinning room. Always wanted to build a floor cabinet with a couple of shelves. So, finally got it done. Raised the outlet to above the granite top. Made out of oak with hickory stain. You see 3 doors on the dinning side. There is a wall behind the cabinet, but around 22" go into the space that is the entry into the kitchen. This opening into the kitchen is around 9', so 22" taken is nothing to loose. I used European hinges with soft close and I tell you they are GREAT! Each door is raised panel with carvings on them. The open side also has a carving. You can't see it, but there is a 16" door on the kitchen side so the wife can obtain entrance from that side. I picked up the granite countertop at a local granite shop. It was a remnant piece that would fit, 20"x54" and only around $180 including the half bull nose cut on the edging and 1" radius on 2 edges. The wife really likes it and now a happy wife with more space for cookware etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 237.JPG   236.JPG   232.JPG   239.JPG  

235.JPG  

Great way to use the lost space. I would think the extra storage being that close to the kitchen would be great. Beautiful job on a functional addition.
    Rick H

3. Default

Very nice design, congrats is in order.