Thread: Pattern Designer needed.

1. Default Pattern Designer needed.

I currently live in Salt Lake City and need a reliable Pattern Designer who can design in near 3D. Any recommendations would be helpful. Also, if you know of any Carvewrighters in the Salt Lake area I would love to speak with them. Thanks for any and all help.

I am not a pattern designer - about as creative as a stick If you don't find anyone in SLC to chat with, send me a PM. I am about 2.5 hrs north in Idaho. Hubbie and I are always looking for reasons to head south for good food! I guess it would be helpful to know what other help you needed. If it could go wrong, it has, so we have some pretty good experience in keeping the beast running.

lol. Many times its way easier to model in 3d than 2.5d. There are a few artists on here that are really good. Alan Malmstrom, Steve Nelson, John "jpaluck", Ed "eelamb", Suzanne, bjb and few others come to mind. Is there something specific you are looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by First Sergeant View Post
    I currently live in Salt Lake City and need a reliable Pattern Designer who can design in near 3D. Any recommendations would be helpful. Also, if you know of any Carvewrighters in the Salt Lake area I would love to speak with them. Thanks for any and all help.
    Hi; I live in Arkansas - My name is Bill Bethke.

I’m not sure what type of Patterns you use. If you like my offer - send me a "PM" with your e-mail. Thank You; BJB

I work on Donations, I leave the donations up to them. Except my CD and DVD's; I have a Minimum of $50.00 for the CD's(about 200 pattern files) and $100.00 for my DVD's (about 500 to 600 pattern files) I fill the disk with data (max data per disk). I use the Designer 1.187 version; all of CW's new updated programs can open my PTN files.

The CD and DVD are the best deal; about 25 cents each. If you let me know what type of carvings you like to make, I think I can come up with some great line drawings. It works best to start with a line drawing to make the Grayscale image that the CW “Z” Truck uses to carve the pattern, it reads the Binary code to make the carving.

0000=transparent, 0001=Black, 0255=White and 0128=center of the carving depth.

I offer my patterns on CD and DVD’s; Most people just send me a donation of about what they pay for patterns at the CW Pattern Depot ($10.00 to $20.00); the most I received was $100.00, the guy needed to make over 100 carvings. Some people don’t send me anything. I’ll leave it up to you.

Each of my pattern files have 6 files in them, like the sample attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T Poll 234.PNG   T Poll 234 - grayscale.PNG   T Poll 345_vectorized_DISP-.png   T Poll 345_vectorized_DISP+.png  

T Poll 345_vectorized_DISP-cw.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 11-05-2016 at 10:37 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

5. Default

I do patterns for people a lot. Send me a Personal Message and we can share emails if you want.

6. Default

One of the best. Pierre is great and gives pretty good prices also.
    Here is his facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/PLA3D/