Thread: Drilling holes.

Default Drilling holes.

Can i draw a line and drill holes spaced across the line equally spaced like a cribbage board line or curvy Thanks Bert

Yes you can. It is best that you use "snap to grid" to get evenly spaced holes.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I have made a few cribbage boards and yes you can. Put the lines where you want the the holes to follow and start putting holes where you need them on the lines. Delete lines and your good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by papawbummie View Post
    Can i draw a line and drill holes spaced across the line equally spaced like a cribbage board line or curvy Thanks Bert

It can be a little tricky on curves or slanted lines if the holes do not line up with the snap grid. Maybe you could post an example of what you are thinking of doing.

With Designer 3 you can use the Pattern Along Trajectory tool to place evenly-spaced patterns along a line. I used a simple circular pattern here as a guide. To drill holes I would place the drill bit in the center of each of the circles, then delete the pattern. But as bergerud said, it would be helpful to know more details about your project.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trajectory.PNG 
Views:	29 
Size:	605.3 KB 
ID:	82373 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holes on curve.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	82374