Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shhhhh....Secret Project Time Again

I have always been intrigued by furniture with secret compartments and puzzle boxes. This look very cool!

Default Locomotive Puzzle Box Done

Finished...Photos: One-Completed Project, Two-Push dowel in to release smoke stack, Three-Lift smoke stack up to release boiler, Four-rotate boiler aside to allow cab to move, Five-slide cab forward to release base, Six- rotate cab base to expose box inside, surprise!, seven-pull up on interior end of box to release the hidden cow catcher drawer, eight-nine-pull out cow catcher to open hidden drawer.

Drawings are not labeled or dimensioned, but they are 8-1/2 x 11 sheets and are 1/2 scale. If anyone realllllly wants to build this I can produce a dimensioned drawing.

Photos in post are not in order...top row-eight, five, four, nine, bottom row-one, seven, six, three (two in the next post as you can only post 8 photos per post)...I have no idea how the attachment manager assembles these....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PB Eight.jpg   PB Five.jpg   PB Four.jpg   PB Nine.jpg  

PB One.jpg   PB Seven.jpg   PB Six.jpg   PB Three.jpg  

OK so I can only attach 8 photos per post....and why are pdf's photo reversed in the thumbnail? The pdf file does read correctly if downloaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PB Two.jpg   PB Shop Drawing S1.1.pdf   PB Shop Drawing S1.2.pdf   PB Shop Drawing S1.3.pdf  

PB Shop Drawing S1.4.pdf  

Very cool. What are you going to hide in there?

Default Band Saw Box Done

Shellac is my new most favorite finish. Used Zinser Shellac. Brushes on smooth and dries fast.

Two top drawers have false bottoms. Lift ribbon to expose hidden space below. The purple flocking worked pretty well...a little messy to apply, but looks good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20161103_172106.jpg   20161103_172149.jpg   20161103_172218.jpg  

The locomotive puzzel box will be a christmas gift for my 3 yr old grandson and the treasure box is a christmas present for the new grand daughter.

Very nice, they will make awesome gifts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12