Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Several New Projects finished.

Default Several New Projects finished.

1) Loons - using VictorClip3D patterns, 2) Lighthouse on walnut.... really think it's to dark too be a good carving, using mostly VictorClip3D patterns 3) Key Holder with Grapes...just needs the hooks, 4) Phone Cradle - Whale... is an experiment for a phone cradle for kids. I'm thinking of putting a bead in the eye hole, but it does look ok this way. I have another phone cradle designed that's an elephant but that one will have to wait until I get back from a 3 week trip to New Zealand. 4) Cribbage Board... is a very simple one but I sure like the wood.

It's nice to be back in the shop these last few days as I have lots of ideas for things I'd like to carve. Though a three weeks vacation isn't going to hurt either.

p.s. Don't pay any attention to the Mar Jongg lid cover. It got posted by mistake. That carving was done a couple of years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Loons-WEB.jpg   Tammi's Box Top-WEB.jpg   Lighthouse-Walnut WEB.jpg   Key Holder-Grapes WEB.jpg  

Phone Craddle-Whale WEB.jpg   Cribbage Board-Clover WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by SharonB; 10-28-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Nice I like the bark models a lot. Have a couple burls that I am looking to carve. these give me a few ideas.

Great carves as always Sharon, the mallard ducks came out especially nice.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Sharon, mad painting skills as always. Great projects.

Beautiful work, Sharon! Have a great vacation in New Zealand!

(I'm leaving for Israel next Saturday for my own 3 week vacation!)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Sharon,

Some more great designs and creations! I really like how you fit everything in the duck scene to the slab shape and your painting !

As for the walnut IMO , I think the lighter part of the wood is what changes the look of the carving. I see lots of nice detail in the darker area, It seems it does have some lighter areas with in the dark or was that how you finished it?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

7. Default

The carvings are great but as usual the painting skills are amazing.

I think all of them are amazing! Fantastic job as usuall!

great work Gary
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Thanks for the nice reviews. I have a second piece of wood, like the cribbage board shown, that I'll be putting into a sled this afternoon. That way it will be ready to carve once I come off vacation.

I will be looking forward to seeing what the rest of you have done when I return. Happy carving everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast