Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carving moving to the right 1 1/2"

I just gave your mpc a try. Went to 12% without a problem. Should have checked the forum first!

If you think it is the machine, and it sounds like it is, either the y belt or the y encoder would be first on the list.

But, do re-format and re-flash the card first. It still maybe bad firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I just gave your mpc a try. Went to 12% without a problem. Should have checked the forum first!

If you think it is the machine, and it sounds like it is, either the y belt or the y encoder would be first on the list.

But, do re-format and re-flash the card first. It still maybe bad firmware.
    I personally thought it was the machine before the software that is why I cleaned it thoroughly. I did take off the y encoder and checked it, blew it out, made sure the disk was not bad. The y belt does seem a little loose. Loosened the screw to tighten the belt but it did not get much tighter. The belt looks fine.

I have another machine with a y encoder and an extra belt, guess I will replace them both and see what happens. With the encoder and the belt having less than 250 hours, I wouldn't think they would need to be replaced.
    Heather

Mine lost it's mind a while back and started cutting through and jumping around. I finally found a nick in the bottom of the FFC ribbon, replaced it and it worked fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Two thoughts.... Y Gearbox Bearings and also a dull carving bit considering you are using Oak... at least that is my initial take... For the pattern part, the experts are looking into that... It was the most likely as I went through the posts the first time. Time will tell on this one....

To troubleshoot, I would do a SMALL DEEP Carve Region rectangle in a scrap of OAK to take the pattern out of the equation.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Try the original project on a scrap piece of wood without the sled (UCB). You will have to add 7 inches to the length. It may not solve the problem but it eliminates one possibility..
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12