Thread: Compucarve

Default Compucarve

I was looking on my machine and it has a port for a computer cord. Does anyone know if I Can hook my computer directly to the compucarve and run programs from there instead putting the disks in. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by svamorgan View Post
    I was looking on my machine and it has a port for a computer cord. Does anyone know if I Can hook my computer directly to the compucarve and run programs from there instead putting the disks in. Thanks

No!. I have been lead to believe that port is used for some sort of diagnostics.
    Steve

When it first came out, it was for diagnostics. Not used at all in last 9 years.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Ok thanks

It might be a good idea to find out what it is for and how we the user can do with it. Just my thought on it.

I believe the Prototype Talking Module plugged into that jack. It was a aftermarket project that never got off the ground. I believe LHR added a software switch in a version of Designer if I remember correct to aid him. The only reason I knew about the software switch for the talk was when it was first released it was default in the ON and caused a delay booting up or something to that effect waiting for a reply from Talk. I talked to the Designer but He lost interest in the CW version. He had converted a Digital Angle Gauge to a talking version with a similar product to aid the Visual Impaired Woodworkers. That was the idea of the CW version to aid a Woodworker.

My interest in the talking unit was that I operate my CW in the wood shop monitored with a wireless intercom and camera. The Speaking of the error would be good as I walk to the shop from next door in the computer shop. Sadly it never took off...

You can see the connector on the Computer Board Picture and it would require some serious equipment to check each pin for it's data and function. Looks like almost every pin is connected in my dusty computer that had overheated and faulted due to the dust.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02628_WEB.jpg   DSC02623_WEB.jpg   DSC02626_WEB.jpg   DSC02642_WEB.jpg  

DSC02629_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 10-30-2016 at 02:55 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com