Thread: Replacement parts

Default Replacement parts

I've been ordering parts from carvewright and one part had to wait 3weeks because of backorder and now trying to order another part after calling for over a month they still don't know when they will get the part I need which is the carvetight spindle assembly which they have so much praise about. How can such a large company run with no inventory. I'm sorry but over a month and still no answer. Very sad at this point with this system.

I'm not sure how large they really are but it is a bit ridiculous that a fundamental upgrade part like the carvetight is still after many months unavailible.

Has this always been the course of business or is this growing pains from the move to manufacturing in China? I am waiting on the same part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My best guess is that they are waiting for their next shipment to come in. Based on the past it seems that this happens about this time each year.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

At least two of us have been waiting on the carve tight/z truck assembly since September. In November they got some in but said they did not meet specs and sent them back. I bought a second machine just to get customer orders out and so I could have a back up. I don't want to have the first as one to rob parts from, it is only a year old. I am sure you can see how frustrating this has become.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Default

Seems to be a bad inventory system with no projections of sales trends. They commonly run out of parts and usually essential parts or parts that are prone to going out. FSC cables, memory cards, Brushes etc, etc. I often wonder with everything being so proprietary and all the licenses required to run what would happen to us all if the company ever failed.

I know earlier this year I had to wait on the gear that runs the sand paper or rubber belts. While I was waiting I bought a new machine also that was on sale with free shipping.ad said it was on CX machines but when I got mine the serial number starts out with just a C and not a CX. I was told it is a CX but don't know why the serial number doesn't start with a CX. Maybe after January 20th the parts will be made in the USA because Trump is going to put tariffs on imports of goods that are made outside of the USA. Good luck on your parts.

The C->CX machine serial number isn't a huge surprise. CX has always been a C with rubber belts and a carvetight.
    While I have not use my machine nearly as much as I would have liked to its a great little machine. Unfortunately it has several design issues and because so much of it is proprietary it has to be sourced through the company.
    Given the current situation and how things seem to be moving in market places, in two year they will either gotten things under control and found a solid niche market again or they will be going out of business.
    Someone will either figure a way to hack the machine and it will live on or those who rely on them will collect carcasses from the rest of us as we go and buy something else.

I will also say that checking for a part and finding parts not there end up with one spending a lot of time looking at other options. There are some neat machines out there these days and the costs just keep coming down.