Thread: have a couple question on reverse cutting.

Default have a couple question on reverse cutting.

Was asked to make sign for my SIL.

She wants to hang it in the yard so I would like to carve both sides.

Not sure how I am supposed to copy it to the back and how do i flip the board when cutting to make sure I flip it correctly.
    Not set on the shape of the sign yet

I attached the file for it.

tweet2a.mpc

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sylvester_and_Tweety_Bird_by_IrishManReynolds.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	82246
    John

What I would do is first make all the objects fit on a snap grid. Then copy and paste all to the back of the board. Then flip and move each object to where it was on the front snap grid. Then you will have a two sided carve with both sides the same.
    Attached Files Attached Files

How do you past to the back? it flips upside down and everything is upside down?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jaustin View Post
    How do you past to the back? it flips upside down and everything is upside down?

You have to flip the objects after you paste them.

I suggest that you add some draft to your lettering to prevent chipout.

There is another problem. The 90V bit around the perimeter from both sides will actually cut out the sign. There will be no tabs.

Thanks for the input. I did finally get the pattern flipped reverse and everything.
    I will go back and check out the cutouts. Probably will change it all again before sending it thru the machine.

But when flipping board what would be the proper way to flip it? side to side (control panel to opposite side) infeed to outfeed?
    John

Side to side just like it flips in Designer with the F and R buttons. Double sided carves always flip this way. The machine will carve the back first and then ask you to flip the board to carve the front.

If you post before you carve, we can have a look and maybe offer another suggestion or two.

I like to think of it as "rolling" the board rather than flipping it... So it is not end for end but rolled.

Here is a example of doing the back side and I remembered to flip the text but forgot to re position it.... Made it all the way to the customer and install.... Then the phone call.... "Hey... the sign is wrong....!!!!" Can you imagine how "zoned out" I was in 2010 painting the letters with 3 coats of white and missing the words were out of order...

Pictures of the mistake and the fix... I refunded the money for the sign. Pictures 1 and 2 are wrong and 4 is the fixed sign.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01244.JPG   DSC01241.JPG   DSC01243.JPG   DSC01509_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 10-24-2016 at 01:36 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Too funny Al. I like the first sign, after all the name is Flippo!!