Thread: Slipped: Check Y belt, E09-0148

Default Slipped: Check Y belt, E09-0148

Was getting ready to run a carve and when it went to do the bit check I got a "Slipped Check Y Belt" message on the LCD panel. I forget what button I pushed next but the next message was "E09-0148 Y/Z Homing Fault". What do I need to do? or where can I find more information on this error? Didn't want to dig into it until I new what I had to do.

Thanks for any help/suggestions,

David

CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thanks! I'll give that a shot and see if it helps.

Follow the link and retighten the y belt.

What most likely happened was that the y belt slipped while thwacking at the bit plate and then the carriage stalled into the left side of the machine. (The carriage hit the left side of the machine before it should have because the belt slipped. That homing to the left side of the machine is actually a check to see if the belt slipped during the thwacking!)

My take is that the Y inner bearings are failing and this is the root of the loose belt... I would replace the bearings now and not wait until the bad bearings grind away the shaft leading to needing a new gearbox...

A Preventive replacement of the two 685ZZ Bearing is cheap insurance to getting extra life out of the gearbox and not letting the gearbox self destruct. Big difference between the price of 2 bearings and a gearbox....

For me bad 685ZZ Bearings are the boogie man that I see in any Y drive post.... I see bad 685ZZ Bearings everywhere.... Snicker... They are the highest failing part in the machine in "MY" opinion...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks for all of the ideas - re-tightened the y-belt and everything seems to be working fine again. With only 4 hours on the cut motor I'd be surprised if there was a problem with the bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by mathman View Post
    Thanks for all of the ideas - re-tightened the y-belt and everything seems to be working fine again. With only 4 hours on the cut motor I'd be surprised if there was a problem with the bearings.
    Yes, you are correct... with 4 hours then no bearing problem... just a loose belt...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com