Thread: texture issue

1. Default texture issue

I haven't used the textures too much over the years so need a bit of input!
    I ran a large panel that uses the checkers2 texture and the horizontal definition of the squares faded out across the project.
    So, the left side has squares, while the right side has vertical columns. You can feel the slight depression of the squares on the right, but the visual definition fades out.

Anyone have any idea how to correct this. Panel size is 59"X8.5".

Thanks
    Bruce
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2316.JPG   IMG_2317.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is your head level?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

3. Default

Level looks good - Flats are level with casting and no binding on raising the head

4. Default

The board also needs to be completely flat, I have found that even a slightly bowed board will be exaggerated on textures like this due to the touch maybe being on a high spot. I always use a sled and when I have a slightly bowed board I jog to touch and try to do the touch on a low spot. This can still result in a texture that is deeper at one side than the other but at least the texture is seen through out.

This example should carve better. I made a lot of changes.

1. Modified your sweep by extending a flat line to the center and lowered the profile to .375"
    2. Deleted all of the short lines and used the Cut path tool on the sweep rectangle to automatically place tabs.
    3. Deleted most of the rectangles then added and sized one for the texture. Note depth and height for the texture.
    4. Deleted everything on the right side and mirrored everything from the left to the right side.
    5. Added draft to everything possible and changed the bit optimization to best.

I hope this helps. I tried not to hijack your original design and keep it the same.

EDIT: I just discovered your original was not in ver. 3 so I redesigned it for ver. 2
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 10-21-2016 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Changed versions
    Steve