Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cutout problem

Default Cutout problem

I'm doing cutouts, I have the bit run around 3 or more times so I don't try to cut out 13/16" thick lumber all at once. The problem is each cut is a little larger from the last. Meaning if the cut out is 6"x6" the first pass will be correct but the 2nd pass will be 6-1/16 x 6-1/16 and 3rd pass will be 6-1/8 x6-1/8 I have tried several pcs and its off each time. Please help.

Did you apply any offsets for the cut outs? Since the cuts are large in both the X and Y I would not think it is a tracking issue.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Do you mean that the size of each pass increases in both the x and y directions? How sharp is the bit? Can you post a picture?

What bit are you using, straight or taper? If it's a tapered bit then as the bit goes deeper it it will be carving on the side of the bit.

3/16" Cutting bit

I'm using the 3/16 Cutting Bit.

No Sir/Ma'am
    But please tell me, Even if I did would it have lines like the pic above?
    I've used the Bit and cutout a few times with no issues.
    Thank you ALL for any info.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0042.JPG   IMG_0043.JPG  

I'm using a 3/16" cutting bit. Thank you all your help

I have had stair stepping on the Y axis even with the UCB. But the X was good.
    Don

If the error was in the X direction I would say it was a problem with the Brass Roller and wondered if you used masking tape... But.... Since it is in the Y direction then it is either a worn Y Gearbox Gear shaft or bad Y Bearings, the 685ZZ Bearings. OR it is a dusty dirty Y Encoder...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00488_WEB.jpg   DSC01478_WEB.jpg   DSC01476_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast