Thread: z axis homing issue/ z axis belt slipping.

1. Default z axis homing issue/ z axis belt slipping.

Hello,
    I recently replaced my z motor pack after having many stall errors. Now after only one easy carve it no longer homes in the z axis. I have the belt as tight as I can get it but I can see it slipping. I have a replacement belt but was hoping for an easier fix than removing the carriage to get to belt. Is it common for belt to fail? I have a new cpu so the carve time is not accurate. Machine is 16 months old and used lightly. Any tricks to doing a belt swap?

Have you checked the gear box?? I don't think it would be the cause but doesn't cost anything to check.

3. Default

I can pull Z belt through belt clamp. I guess that was the clicking noise.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zan29 View Post
    Have you checked the gear box?? I don't think it would be the cause but doesn't cost anything to check.
    I thought I replied to you already. Any rate the z box is all new. 8 hours on it. I got new belt on and found the clamp that holds belt slipping. Pretty smooth now. Going to give it a whirl. Thanks.

5. Default

All fixed up. The belt did show signs of wear. You will need a 12mm thin wrench to get behind the z rollers. I got mine on amazon. Loosen the z motor pack then loosen rollers with 12mm wrench and the allen wrench that came with machine. The whole assembly will come off and you will be able to see belt clamp. Replace belt. Hook belt onto top and bottom rollers and tighten tension screw. This will hold the assembly on while you tighten the 2 12mm nuts behind rollers. All set now.