Thread: Prayers to our friends on the East Coast

Default Prayers to our friends on the East Coast

We have over 1,000 customers in Florida alone. That is not counting Georgia and South Carolina.

Our customers are often, also our friends. Our thoughts are with you.

We extend our prayers for your personal safety and peace of mind during this powerful act of nature.

Please check in with us as soon as possible, so that we know you are okay and whether or not we can help you out in any way.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thanks Connie! We are in central Florida (Lake Placid) and under a Tropical Storm Warning, not a Hurricane Warning, at this time. That means winds up to 60 mph. Few homes in our area have storm shutters, as we are 100 miles inland, but our home does. It was built a year after Wilma crossed the state south of us and did some local damage, so I suspect that was on the minds of the former owners when they built. We also have a generator to power several critical circuits in our home, such as refrigerator and well pump, as I expect some trees to go down and affect power. Hopefully we will be OK. Unfortunately the predicted storm tracks have been drifting west towards us over the past several days, so we are keeping a close eye. I will check in again after the storm passes.

Thank you Dick. I know you are new to Florida. Take it seriously! Stay safe.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thanks, Connie. I'm in Orlando at a CNC Software User Group Conference. Orlando will be affected tonight and tomorrow, so we are concerned mostly about power outage here at the hotel and would put a major damper on the User Group Conference!

Cheryl and my son evacuated our home in Brunswick, GA this afternoon to go stay with friends about two hours West. The storm surge is currently predicted to be between 10 to 15 feet and we are only 2 miles from the coastal marshes.

I won't be able to get home until Sunday and hoping we won't experience too much (or any) significant property damage. However, and Most Importantly is that Cheryl and my son Ben are in a safe place right now!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I have a house in Port St Lucie so far it looks like we escaped the worst part of the storm. Trees down and some power out but I think that's it. I only hope people north of me have the same luck.

Fortunately Matthew was a non-event for us. We got next to no rain and winds 24 gusting to 35. Power stayed on. Keeping an eye out for our friends up north.

Here in Orlando and no problems at our hotel. No damage and power still on. There are dozens and dozens of power repair crew members who arrived last night and being deployed from here to areas that need repair and restoration. This hotel is one of the deployment hubs, apparently!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══