Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pattern carved Inverted

Default Pattern carved Inverted

Really I haven't been drinking but maybe I should be. I started to carve the Face On Cross mpc (attached) and it inverted the pattern. I've included a screen shot of what designer showed before/during upload. There is also a camera shot of what the carve looks like. NOW, this is where the puzzle really starts. When I downloaded the photo from the camera to the computer it shows that the carving carved right (which it didn't). So I printed the photo out and it shows that the carving should be right. BUT, when I turn the photo around at just the right angle it shows the carving as it really is.... inverted. When I uploaded Sample-1 to this thread it seems to show that it carved right.

The question is.... if the pattern is right and the designer screen is right what happened when it uploaded to the card. I just remembered, I formatted the card just prior to the upload to get rid of the patterns already on the card. Maybe I need to reformat the card, upload a second time and try again. Anyway, is there any other suggestions out there. Sharon ps....and no, the carving does not look like the camera shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross not carving right..JPG   Cross-Sample 1.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SharonB; 09-29-2016 at 07:50 PM.

Did you put the board in upside down? Now that answer makes about as much sense as what your carving did. I doubt that the card reformat had anything to do with this. NO CLUE!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

What is really weird is how the picture shows it carved right until you get it at the right angle. Will reload tomorrow and see if I get the same results.

Sharon, reload your project to another card and don't reformat the card, just leave any other projects on there.
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

I am having a deja-vu here. Has this happened before? A pattern carved which is inverted from the pattern in Designer?

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I am having a deja-vu here. Has this happened before? A pattern carved which is inverted from the pattern in Designer?
    I was also thinking the same thing....
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I didn't get to carve today but I started from scratch... new board, different card, etc. Plan to carve in the morning. I'll say a few good words over the machine when carving and all things WILL come out right this time.

Couple of thoughts here;
    1. did the pattern reverse the grayscale when you imported it? (e.g. darker hues are shallower instead of deeper)
    2. What does the pattern look like in the lithopane view in Designer 3.0?

You may have to delete the pattern and start with a new download.

Jus' thinkin'

After starting out fresh today the carving came out great today. I think I found one thing for the problem and it would be call pilot error. Earlier I had changed the light direction in designer when doing some working on another pattern and then, not using the program for several weeks, the lighting made the cross pattern look inverted when it wasn't (in designer). I didn't catch it until I started on another pattern and it also looked inverted. Once the direction in which the lighting hit the screen it put everything back in perspective.

Another thing that got me to thinking in this direction was the picture I took of the inverted carving. When looking at it I could get the picture to show normal or inverted just by moving it around and having the light hit it at different angles. Funny how something so simple can make a mess of things.

Thanks for putting up with my ramblings. Sharon

Sharon,

Another thing that might help is to set the perspective level to high and the ambient light level a little higher (Edit, Preferences, 3D
    Graphics tab)
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast