Thread: head will not crank down

Default head will not crank down

when I try to crank the head down it clicks I had the head up to replace the y drive now I think its verticle lock up.it states in the manual
    Vertical Lockup: Cranking the head beyond its highest useable height
    can result in it locking in a position where the head crank cannot lower it.
    Releasing from this locked position it is very easy. The threaded head
    screw needs to be manually turned and can be accessed from the inside
    of the machine. On this head screw, just above the traction belts, is a
    hole into which an Allen wrench or similar tool can be inserted. Using the
    Allen wrench as leverage, turn the head screw a clockwise direction to
    unlock it.
    my problem is I can not find the hole in which to put the allen wrench,does all models have this?

The threaded rod on the opposite side from the key pad. A hole about 4 inches up through the threaded rod.

The dust cover on the X Gears has a Arrow telling you what way to turn the shaft to prime the threads to go down.

This happens when you crank the head too high. WE have all done it...

When your back down... a quick check to be sure the head is level is to crank the head down on a wide board or 2 narrow boards placed on both ends and have strips of paper on the board. When the head is down just tug on the paper. If one sticks and one comes out, the head is high on the slip out side... OR call up Sensor Data and Z Data. Push the bit down to touch the board and compare the readings on each side. Leveling involves removing the bottom and disconnecting one side of the cross connect gear and moving just one side until it is level. CAREFUL with cover off as the power supply and X termination board can SHOCK YOU as well as the on off switch.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC05664_WEB.jpg   DSC05689_WEB.jpg   DSC05694_WEB.jpg   DSC03675a_WEB_WEB.jpg  

DSC03699_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 09-24-2016 at 03:37 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

First of all, if the guide posts are aligned properly, and there isn't something broken, the head shouldn't get stuck. Be sure they have lubrication on them.

Try pounding on one side of the head with your hand (not too hard) as you play with the crank.
    Steve

thanks the pictures helped alot ,head pressure is fine just needed a little nudge