Thread: Looking for Craft Show Tips

Default Looking for Craft Show Tips

I participated in my first craft show this past weekend and was a little disappointed in sales so I was hoping to get a little insight on what works. I got a lot of " Oh aren't those cute" and " that's really nice" comments and folks browsing for DIY ideas. I trend towards fun things, I had candy machines and cutesy signs along with some really nice quilt racks and home decor stuff. I have a bunch of pictures on my Facebook page " Sasquatch's Sign Shop if you are interested in seeing some of the stuff. I put out a project book too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am going to try and make this more than a hobby and have already registered for some other shows.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have had to diversify. I am selling about one custom mantel a month and a few signs. A lot of my customers are repeat or have seen my work just didn't have the money at the time.
    Several have come back and ordered a custom mantel or sign. I keep the same spot every month, price things to sell at that location. I only do one show every month as I have another business and my wife works and some months it is tough to complete custom orders and make new stuff to sell. I don't think there is a magic cookie as to how to do it..... I go with what sells until it's dried up and move on to something fresh and unique.
    I try a few of one thing to see how it sells before I build a bunch. I only keep one on display.......old sales tactic, they want to get it before it is gone.
    I took me almost a year to figure pricing out in one location. I don't try to make a killing on one piece. I price it to move it and get it hanging on someones wall so more people will see it and come see me at the same spot every month.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Since you are doing quilt racks I would recommend doing the wine racks using the tapered pins to hold it together. I did a short table top version too that sold well. You could do many different sides in topics that would sell.

Xmas ornaments sold well too... Tell Mom to let the kids decorate them... building Memories...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07036_WEB.jpg   DSC08031_WEB.jpg   DSC08038_WEB.jpg   DSC07033_WEB.jpg  

DSC07928_WEB.jpg   DSC06904_WEB.jpg   DSC06607_WEB.jpg   DSC07056_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I really appreciate the feedback and suggestions. I did have all f my candy machines out on the table so I will remember not to do that again. I was going to do the tapered pins but was afraid I'd mess them up so I made pockets and attached the tenons with large brass screws so they could be taken apart. I like the pins better, I need to learn that.
    Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk