Thread: cutouts

Default cutouts

hello, I' trying to make cutout tabs for two different projects i'm following the steps in the learners guide the tap tool becomes available but no tab show on the drawing on either side. What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to the forum. There are a few ways to use tabs in Designer. You should post an example of what you are trying to do. (Go Advanced and manage attachments)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry t View Post
    hello, I' trying to make cutout tabs for two different projects i'm following the steps in the learners guide the tap tool becomes available but no tab show on the drawing on either side. What am I doing wrong?
    You cannot see the cut tabs when using the Cut Path tool, but you can if you are using the Place Tabs tool.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

You can only use the manual "Place Tabs" tool on pierced carvings. If you assign a bit to an open or closed vector and to the full depth of the board instead of using the cutout tool and then place manual tabs the program will allow you to do it but there will be no tabs visible or invisible.
    Steve

this is one of projects I'm trying to do(I hope it comes across) I think I have tried both ways still can't seem to get it God holding Jesus.mpc

Jerry is that pattern in the pattern depot?

One thing you will need to do is flip the cutouts. But, before you make the outlines and flip the cutouts, you need to add a small carve region between the head and the bird so that you get a single outline. We cannot do it for you since it is a purchased pattern. You do not need the lines for tabs. Delete them. The cutout control will put in tabs for you at carve time.

Here is what I was talking about doing. (Bit optimization best also helps.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

yes it is under religious GodHoldingJesusUp