Thread: Amazing Grace

Default Amazing Grace

AMAZING GRACE.mpcAMAZING GRACE.mpc

Is there a way to carve this out so it shows only the letters are all connected and the rest of the board is gone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (14).png  

I've learned I normally misunderstand the questions being asked. So apologies if answering the wrong question.

If the question is how to connect the letters so the carve is in the form of a cross?

If that is the case you simply have to draw a figure around the lettering in some fashion. Using the Designer drawing tools you can trace around the letters or use different shapes that enclose the lettering to cut the cross out. You then use the cut out feature for the cross. Examples shown.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW Amazing grace cut out.png  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 09-07-2016 at 09:29 PM.

For curiosity sake I did a quick search on amazing grace crosses and I think I understand better now.

If the enclosed picture is what you are looking to do then its just a matter of picking the right font and making sure they touch each other so they are connected. In the text tool you can set the distance between the letters in the negative to reduce the space between the letters.

Let me know if you have problems and I can post either a pattern or mpc.

P.S. I may still be missing the question. lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW Amazing grace cross letters.png  

PERFECT!!! Thank you sir.

I am cleaning out my files a little bit and I have no plans of ever carving this pattern so deleting. Enclosing in case it may be useful to someone.

Place the pattern and outline and then delete the pattern. Assign a cutting bit and depth and there you go. Don't forget your tabs!!!

P.S. I have not carved this so don't know if there are any issues with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW Amazing grace cross letters.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files