Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: y axis stall e05-0303

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default y axis stall e05-0303

I;ve received this error a couple of times,each time there is a clicking sound right before it stops, any ideas on whats happening?

Tell what process the machine was doing when you got the error.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

You might have teeth missing on your " y" belt, I have had that myself. Slide the truck left to right and look for missing teeth around the gear box or on the other end. You may also feel the truck jump or jerk.
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

Or, your Y belt may just be loose. It can slip during the bit plate thwack and then stall when the truck hits the keypad side.

it is starting the carve then after a couple of passes it brings up the error

Does the pattern shift in the y when it stalls? It It may still be a loose y belt. It could also be that the bearings have gone on the y motor gear (seems to happen around 250 - 300 hours).

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Does the pattern shift in the y when it stalls? It It may still be a loose y belt. It could also be that the bearings have gone on the y motor gear (seems to happen around 250 - 300 hours).
    Bergerud is correct...

Clicking is the classic sign that the bearings are SHOT and the shaft of the big plastic gear is worn like the picture and it lets the big plastic gear lean away from the servo motor splines... hence click click...

At one time they sold the gear and shaft but I expect you will need a new Y Gearbox...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00488_WEB.jpg   DSC00486_WEB.jpg   DSC09643_WEB.jpg   DSC09644_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks everyone for the info-it helps alot

I'll just add on to this one as this is the error I am having.
    While I am looking at all of these things and the only thing I am seeing that doesn't look right is the Y-Belt Tensioner Assembly teethed wheel looks like the inside guide on the wheel has broken loose but it doesn't appear to affect the movement of the belt.
    Now the peculiar thing is that it keeps throwing the error at almost exactly the same point.
    What happens is about a quarter inch into my carving it makes its return to y=0 then starts going back, after about 5 inches (of 7) it seems to stop moving y but keeps carving and moving z. It looks like it thinks it finishes that line then starts moving back and y starts going again. Since it only covered 5 of about 7 inches when it gets to y=0 it throws the error. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by behanner View Post
    I'll just add on to this one as this is the error I am having.
    While I am looking at all of these things and the only thing I am seeing that doesn't look right is the Y-Belt Tensioner Assembly teethed wheel looks like the inside guide on the wheel has broken loose but it doesn't appear to affect the movement of the belt.
    Now the peculiar thing is that it keeps throwing the error at almost exactly the same point.
    What happens is about a quarter inch into my carving it makes its return to y=0 then starts going back, after about 5 inches (of 7) it seems to stop moving y but keeps carving and moving z. It looks like it thinks it finishes that line then starts moving back and y starts going again. Since it only covered 5 of about 7 inches when it gets to y=0 it throws the error. Any ideas?
    I had the white gear on the Y belt break like yours did. I does effect the Y positioning by causing it to loose track. The Y motor moves to where it is suppose to be but the belt is slipping/free spinning on the gear. Time to get a new gear.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast