Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latest projects

Outstanding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Diane,
    We use mainly Edwardian script. However we will sometimes mix fonts to fit depending on the names, length and ampersand. There are times when we will also lay out each individual letter to get the best spacing. I would also add that we use a 1/8 feather and draft to help avoid chipout, we carve all on best with the 1/16 ballnose.

Quote Originally Posted by rmock View Post
    Diane,
    We use mainly Edwardian script. However we will sometimes mix fonts to fit depending on the names, length and ampersand. There are times when we will also lay out each individual letter to get the best spacing. I would also add that we use a 1/8 feather and draft to help avoid chipout, we carve all on best with the 1/16 ballnose.
    Excellent work and advice !!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thank you - thank you - thank you! I know you sell your beautiful pieces, so I didn't know if you would be willing to share your trade secrets! I really appreciate the tips and will incorporate them in my personal carvings. Thanks for sharing!

Your welcome, not really any trade secrets just a lot of trial and error Don't be afraid to work with different depths and heights, we usually run .250 depth but we do get our boards milled for us at a true 1" thickness. This helps lessen any warping and twisting. We also edge glue 4" boards to make our 12" boards this also helps alot. This plaque was run at .360 depth and is about as deep as I would like to go on a 1" boardClick image for larger version. 

Name:	xmas2.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	208.7 KB 
ID:	81793

Again, great information! Your Santa face is one of the best I've seen, along with a complementing text font.

Very very nice!!!!
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12