Thread: Rockler Sales and Canada

Default Rockler Sales and Canada

I see that Rockler sells and ships to Canada. Does this mean that people will be now be able to buy CW machines in Canada?

Sorry, guys. They only ship certain items to Canada (change the Flag at the top of the store page to Canada). It seems to be the same issue we have with weight limitation

You might also want to play around with looking at shipping costs of a small item to continental US vs shipping costs to Canada for the same item.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I see that they do not ship the larger items to Canada. Too bad.

What is worse than that is they use UPS. UPS rips off international customers. They come up with all kinds of "extra" charges when the package arrives. I never buy anything from the States if the shipping is not USPS.

4. Default

We stopped using UPS because of the additional charges they hit Canadian customers with. They apparently use another contractor to deliver in some or all cases. This contractor adds an extra delivery amount ($40 to one of our customers) on top of the fee they paid for the shipping itself. Calls to UPS always got the same response; "That is the Canadian contractor, we cannot do anything about it". That was a couple of years ago but we stopped using UPS completely after that.

LHR has never been able to work out a reasonable rate with UPS for Canada. Initially, the item would get shipped to customer, they would be upset at additional costs and refuse the order. LHR got burnt several times for these shipping costs and stopped using that avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I see that Rockler sells and ships to Canada. Does this mean that people will be now be able to buy CW machines in Canada?
    Send stuff to me here on Whidbey Island and then take the ferry over for a coffee and shop visit!- (just be sure to declare appropriately at the border) Heck, If I had known I would have brought some stuff your way when we were in Victoria a couple of weeks ago

Lawrence

Thanks for the offer Lawrence. I do not actually need anything. I was just hoping that more Canadians would get the opportunity to own CW machines.

Lawrence,
    Didn't know you were on Whidbey Island. I was stationed a Marine Barracks Bangor lived in Poulsbo many years ago and used to enjoy going up to Whidbey Island on long weekends. Beautiful up there always think of someday getting back there

I'm glad LHR is trying to help us Canadians but wouldn't Fedex be better??

If we could place the orders under my name (or open a Canadian account) to have only one shipment, than I could go pick it up in Massena and ship from Cornwall ON,
    which I'm sure it will be less than 45$US If you all trust me of course.
    The 12$ shipping, bridge (6$) and a bit of gas would be divided between who ever ordered and that would be done for free on my part.

My only concern is how to figure out customs for each of us since the amount will be different. I'm pretty sure
    I could find some information online.

Is this something that could be considered Connie??

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Sorry, guys. They only ship certain items to Canada (change the Flag at the top of the store page to Canada). It seems to be the same issue we have with weight limitation

You might also want to play around with looking at shipping costs of a small item to continental US vs shipping costs to Canada for the same item.

Quote Originally Posted by zan29 View Post
    I'm glad LHR is trying to help us Canadians but wouldn't Fedex be better??

If we could place the orders under my name (or open a Canadian account) to have only one shipment, than I could go pick it up in Massena and ship from Cornwall ON,
    which I'm sure it will be less than 45$US If you all trust me of course.
    The 12$ shipping, bridge (6$) and a bit of gas would be divided between who ever ordered and that would be done for free on my part.

My only concern is how to figure out customs for each of us since the amount will be different. I'm pretty sure
    I could find some information online.

Is this something that could be considered Connie??
    That is totally between you and any customers that want to take up your offer.

Once upon a time, we used Fedex, but they were not good at honoring shipping claims.