Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My summertime project - still in progress

Mike... I'm just using regular craft paint with a Varathane Spar Urethane Outdoor clear top coat (4 coats). The Urethane does give the white areas a little yellow tint but I haven't come up with an alternative. All the fish have 3/4 inch dowels inserted into their back. I then drilled a hole in the fence, inserted the dowel(s), drilled a hole in the dowel on the back side of the fence, then used a "thing-a-bob" (a plastic circle that I think they use for putting up ridged foam insulation) and screwed it to dowel. This keeps the dowel(s) in place and it will allow me to remove the fish if I want. I was thinking I might want to remove them during the winter or if I had to resurface them at a later date. Note: The fish sit about a half inch or so away from the fence itself. My thinking was if they got wet they would dry out better than right against the fence.

Thanks for the information Sharon.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

As always SharonB. wonder full work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12